Tuesday, June 16, 2009

30 (Stole the idea from Beth)

Saw this on Beth's page for when she turned 30 so I thought I would join the fun...now that we are both the big 30!! Man times flies.

1. My hair was nearly straight until my sister cut it in 7th grade and now it is very curly no matter how long it is.
2. My father died when I was almost two and my mom when I was nineteen.
3. My mom remained single until I was sixteen and she married a missionary.
4. My husband and I met by accident online
5. I have a 15 year old stepson
6. I am terrified of spiders
7. I always wanted to be a child phychologist....boy am I way off track.
8. My eyes are blue but will turn light green depending on what I am wearing.
9. I started living on my own at 16 years old.
10. I work for builders/developers and manage a total of 13 accounts.
11. I would love to open an orphanage/children's home someday
12. My husband is French Canadian and speaks french (love it)
13. My sisters are everything to me and I would be lost without them.
14. I have 3 sisters, 2 step-sisters and 5 step-brothers. Total of 29 nieces and nephews between them all.
15. I love the smell of fresh cut grass
16. My husband is terrified of needles and it is a HUGE ordeal when we have to go to the doctor
17. I desperately want to be a mom
18. I love clipping coupons, saving money, and my new once a month cooking addiction
19. I struggle daily with my weight loss and feel very defeated at times.
20. My wedding ring holds the diamonds from my mother's wedding rings. We had them reset into silver to make them our own but to carry hers with me forever.
21. I love thunderstorms
22. I have a true passion for helping those in need. I absolutely love it.
23. I am crazy obsessive about my house being dirty. I cannot stand coming home to a filthy house I get really crabby.
24. I love cooking & baking. My husband is spoiled by variety as we typically eat 3 or more new recipes each week. I have a HUGE collection of recipes.
25. I love entertaining in my home. I may get stressed out getting it ready but I honestly love hosting parties.
26. I am a licensed real estate broker.
27. My husband & I talked and visited each other for a month shy of six years before we were married. Last February was ten years of being together.
28. My favorite color is pink
29. My favorite food is chicken
30. We have 2 dogs (203lb-English Mastiff & 82lb-Bull Mastiff), 2 cats, 3 snakes, & 2 beared dragons. Yes we LOVE animals and no my house does not stink....refer back to item 23. :)

4 comments:

Jason Stamper said...

ha ha ha... this was great!!! I'm glad you "stole". I love reading these. I miss your mom. She was amazing! I'm so blessed to have memories of her. I didn't know you had those HUGE dogs! I can't believe you have snakes- gross!!!! I recently had a snake fall ON MY HEAD and down my shoulder, arm, leg at camp last week. It was awful. I miss you!

Beth said...

oops- that was me, Beth!

Jennifer Beauchamp said...

Miss you too! I was reading your schedule and you are one busy girl this summer. I hope you have a great time visiting with you family.

Rhonda Devine said...

I loved reading this Jenn, though I wasn't surprised by anything:) Thanks for sharing, you old woman!
Your big sis:)