Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year Reflection

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are prepared for a brand new year. I cannot believe how fast the past year went by but I will say I am glad it is over. 2008 was a rather busy year for our household and I am hoping that 2009 will bring in a season of rest and re-organizing of our time.

This past year brought with it alot of remodeling, work, school, new church, new family member in our home and not enough time in the day to fit it all in. I am ashamed to admit that I was not the best steward of my time this past year and it left me rather frazzled at times. I have learned alot about myself this past year some were hard lessons, some were painful and some were eye opening. One thing I have been noticing for years but have put aside due to my own stubbornness is my inability to say no or when enough is enough. I am so much like my mother in this area bless her heart. I will say that this past year has really brought this "issue" to the top of my list of things to "fix" this year.

I think sometimes as a woman I have this unrealistic expectation of what the perfect wife, employee, Christian, sister and friend should be. Always having a made from scratch meal, perfectly clean home, involved in numerous ministries at church, always being at every jewelry party are just some of the constant nags in the back of my mind. I must say it is so great to have a husband who balances me out in this area. He is very laid back and generally trust my judgement but there are times when he says enough already. I know alot of women don't like that but I LOVE it because then I can blame him, hahaha just kidding. No seriously sometimes I don't realize how stressed I am until he points it out. I must say I am truly blessed in having a husband who helps out a ton around the home and cooking. We both work together to help each other with work, school and the home. We both feel it is a joint venture to make our house run and we both live in it so we both contribute to the work. I think this area of perfectionism is something alot of women struggle with and probably will for the rest of our lives.

I have decided to actually write down my goals for 2009 to make myself more accountable and here are a couple of them:


1. Weight Loss: GRRR this seems like a yearly goal but I am determined to get it right this time. I have been really praying about this for a while and I have better understanding of my issues with this (one of the painful lessons mentioned above) so I am confident this year will be successful. I believe this will help in the pregnancy area so we can finally start a family.

2. Debt Loss: I have been working thru the Dave Ramsey Financial Freedom book and what a motivation it is to be a good steward of your money.

3. Time Management: I want to make the best of my time and not spend it working or doing useless activities.


These are just a couple of them that I thought I would share and ask for your prayers. I look forward to a very full and less stressful 2009.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Great goals...very similar to mine. 2009 is going to be a great year!